23 August 2010

I did it! I did it! I did it!

This is me, home safe and sound,
From my first ever
Solo Backpacking Expedition.

"All men say 'What' to me, but I thought it a fashion.
When much in the woods, as a little girl, I was told that the snake would bite me that I might pick a poisonous flower, or goblins kidnap me; but I went along and met no one but angels who were far shyer of me than I could be of them, so I haven't that confidence in fraud which many exercise." --Emily Dickinson, in a letter to Higginson as quoted in his Atlantic essay


In other news, Jasper (the lost netbook) has been found. And none of my roommates oppose pets of the feline sort. Want list, I whittle you.

1 comment:

  1. It must've been so epic. I'm glad you're back, but I'm also glad you left and got to do it. Also, great Dickinson quote.

    ReplyDelete